Skip to content
14th EUCHIS Conference, 2019, Cork, Ireland
Call for Application
- Travel Awards are intended to enable doctoral student members of EUCHIS, regardless of their country of origin, to present their work in EUCHIS conferences, including Young Researchers Symposia.
- Student Membership must be active for a minimum of two years (2018 and 2019). Applicants registering for membership in 2019 shall pay a two-year student membership subscription (€ 32.00).
- The deadline for Applications is January 31st, 2019
- Awards will cover the following expenses:
- Air and/or train ticket from nearest airport/train station of city of origin to Dublin. Travelling by car/ferry cannot be supported.
- Conference registration fee.
- Accommodation in student hall of Cork University for a maximum of four nights.
- Applications must be sent (deadline January 31st, 2019) by e-mail, ideally as one ZIP file, virus scanned, to the President (email@example.com) AND to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the following documents enclosed
- full name, address (residential and institutional), contact (e-mail), short C.V.
- letter of application explaining the motivation to attend the EUCHIS conference
- supporting letter of PhD supervisor
- list of publications, if any
- abstract of presentation to be submitted
- copy of student ID AND national ID (Schengen only) or passport (non-Schengen country)
- anticipated travel itinerary, estimation of the expenses
- declaration of commitment to accept and observe the statutes of EUCHIS
- declaration of acceptance of the conditions of the travel award, as specified in items 1, 2, and 8.
- All applications are evaluated by the Board of Directors of EUCHIS.
- All applicants will be notified about the results by March 15th, 2019.
- For successful applicants, EUCHIS will handle purchase of tickets, booking of accommodation, and payment of registration fee. Reimbursement for expenses paid by the award-winner is not possible.
- The concession of a Travel Award from EUCHIS (“The European Chitin Society”) must be acknowledged in the presented Poster/Talk as well as in any resulting publication in Proceedings or Scientific Journals. Within a month after the Conference, the award-winner must submit a one A4 page with a portrait photo, a short biographical sketch including a short description of their research work and a ca. 500 words essay of their experience in the Conference. This will be published in the next issue EUCHIS Newsletter.
- EUCHIS reserves the right to reject applications without justification.